Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ribbon Storage & Helping the Environment

O.k. as promised I'm trying to broaden my horizons and do more than just scrapbook pages. Oh yeah, and I'm trying to teach myself how to do digital scrapbooking and did I mention I have twins and a 1 year old plus three sets of grandparents who expect to see us at least once a week and a wonderful husband who needs me to be at his beck and call..... and so on. Anyway, life is great!!!!


So, I wanted to be alot more environmentally contious this year. Not to any weird "no deodorant" extremes, but I've started saving cans to be recycled and looking at our trash in general differently. I decided to take our old sherbet containers and make ribbon storage out of them.


I painted the rim and bottom of the container and also the rim+ a little on top of the lid.
I chose a pattern paper, but it had to have darts to fit around the container correctly.
I ran it through the Xyron machine rather than another source of glue because it holds well and I don't have to wait for drying!
I used a grommet punch to make the holes, but found it easier just to use my paper piercer and some scissors. I can't wait for the big crop-a-dile!!!!

So what do you think of my finished product? I like it. If you have any cc it is welcome. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a cool idea!! I love how your ribbon holder turned out!! :) SO CUTE!!